10 Licenses - SBI Skills Assessment
Kognito's SBI Skills Assessment is a 30-minute interactive role-play simulation where health professions students practice and assess their skills in conducting substance use Screening & Brief Intervention (SBI).
In this simulation, practitioners can engage in a patient-centered conversation and practice how to prevent, or assess, or reduce substance use.
SBI Skills Assessment is approved for 0.75 ANCC CNE contact hours, 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 1.0 NASW contact hours
Health professions students will learn to:
- Screen patients for alcohol use with The NIAAA Single-Question Screen & AUDIT
- Interpret screening results to identify risky alcohol use
- Conduct a brief intervention following the Brief Negotiated Interview model
- Apply motivational interviewing to engage patients and clients
40 Licenses - SBI with Adolescents
SBI with Adolescents is an online professional development simulation that prepares health professionals to screen young patients for substance use, conduct brief interventions using motivational interviewing techniques, and refer patients to obtain further support. This conversation simulation was developed in collaboration with NORC at the University of Chicago with support from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
SBI with Adolescents is approved for 2.0 ANCC CNE contact hours, 2.0 CME AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ and 2.0 NASW contact hours
- Screen patients using evidence-based tools
- Conduct brief interventions using motivational interviewing techniques
- Make collaborative action plans with patients
- Refer patients to treatment services and follow up on referrals
How It Works:
Learners engage in simulated conversations with three virtual adolescent patients who show signs of substance use, then receive Feedback at the end of each conversation. Conversations address alcohol and marijuana use and include a skills assessment functionality.